Question:
what is the best time of the year to visit Washington D.C.?
philbrick21us
2006-01-17 11:18:20 UTC
what is the best time of the year to visit Washington D.C.?
Six answers:
meezermom
2006-01-17 11:25:31 UTC
Late March-early April, when the cherry blossoms are in bloom. They're spectacular. Lots of other people like to visit then too, so the city will be crowded, but it's worth it. The exact peak date for the cherry blossoms changes every year, but it's always right around the last week of March or the first week of April.

If you can't go then, anytime in spring or fall (up to Christmastime) is fine. Avoid DC in the summer unless you like really hot, humid, sticky weather.
shaunindie
2006-01-17 21:29:17 UTC
Spring time is great. From living in Falls Church/Fairfax, VA tourists in the summer can get annoying. Also, the weather isnt as humid as in the summer, or cold in the winter.
Homer
2006-01-17 19:45:30 UTC
Early summer because the weather is too cold in the winter and late summer there is a lot of tourist and college students.
jlvogel20
2006-01-17 19:22:32 UTC
I grew up in Fairfax, VA. So this answer isn't based on any other source, other than my personal opinion. The fall, late September early October.
2006-01-19 19:34:30 UTC
Spring (Mar/Apr) is best when the cherry blossoms are out and it's really pretty (maybe not so much if you have allergies...)

Summer is SO hot, you want to avoid it.
99%angel
2006-01-17 19:25:12 UTC
spring