Question:
Is it faster to take amtrack or the plane from Baltimore to Washington DC? What is approx travel time?
e_shepard
2006-02-17 06:52:02 UTC
any help appreciated!
Four answers:
crazy_train_123
2006-02-21 07:22:37 UTC
It is faster, by far, to take Amtrak between Baltimore, MD, and Washington, DC. None of the major airlines even offer direct service between these two cities. The fastest flight time I found using a random date was 3' 59", and that includes a stop in Boston, for $476.

Amtrak has dozens of trains per day operating between these cities, as does MARC, the Maryland / Washington D.C. commuter rail system. A typical Amtrak train can make the trip in around 38 minutes for around $15. MARC can get you there cheaper, but it will take just a little longer, as they make more intermediate stops.

To check on schedule and fare information, or to make reservations, visit Amtrak's website at www.amtrak.com, or call the Amtrak Reservation Center at 800.USA.RAIL.
DiamondDave
2006-02-17 14:54:38 UTC
Amtrak by far. The plane you have to still go through all the security, boarding, takeoff, landing, deboarding, etc....

I take the Brunswick line from Western MD to DC myself, and that is about 1:10.... When I have left from Camden before to go to DC, I believe it was between a 1/2 hour and :45... But check the MARC train website to be sure on exact times. Many times it depends on the train you take (which time of the day)... Some trains have more stops along the way than others....

But I would definately say that the MARC is faster
leasanders
2006-02-17 15:01:08 UTC
Take the train or consider driving it yourself. It's not that far away and taking a plane eats up too much time.
SomeInfo
2006-02-17 15:15:15 UTC
You cant travel from BWI to DCA/IAD by plane, no airline fly's that route. So you have to take a train.