Question:
I need help finding affordable accomodations in Washing DC for vacation this year?
ballcoach_22
2006-01-19 08:52:45 UTC
Hotels, Dining, any information you may have... thanks!
Three answers:
LewAR26502
2006-01-21 20:23:30 UTC
When do you plan on coming to D.C.? I am coming to D.C. President's Day Weekend (I am about to post a question myself!) and found an excellent online rate at the Westin Grand.

However, the best thing to do would be to search the areas surrounding D.C. (Virginia, Maryland). I stayed at Tyson's Corner during one visit. It was inexpensive and near a lot of shopping.

Check the internet and especially the hotel chains websites as well, there are a lot of deals that the hotels (Sheraton, Weston, Holiday Inn, etc.) may offer that you will not see on sites such as Expedia or Travelocity.
florence
2006-01-22 20:51:15 UTC
If you are vacationing alone, a hotel room outside of DC near a Metro station would be your best bet. A family, however, would be best served at a non-catering vacation rental house in Maryland or Virginia. Then you can fix your own meals and drive to the metro or into DC.
littledebils
2006-01-22 03:05:15 UTC
If you plan on vacationing in Wash. DC, you should know hotels are quite expensive, so it may be worth looking into hotels closeby in Virgina and Maryland.

Also, the best time in the summer to visit is LATE August, becasue most schools in the country are back in session.